12.10.11


I find comfort in words, I love to write and having been doing it for most of my life.
Newspapers, magazines, poems, this BLOG, anywhere my voice can be heard.
Understood, opinionated and used to persuade, entertain or inform.
But there is a big difference between words and actions.
Twitter, Facebook and all other social media sites have words and people take them way too seriously.
Will anyone remember your tweet in a year from now?
While I was scrolling through my timeline this morning, one of my followers was going in on this TL, apparently subtweeting someone she was mad/jealous of, and I mean, doing the most. All of the "she's nothing, I'm better." "You can be big and bad on twitter f*** you",  names and comparisons galore.
The thing is, is that going to affect that other girls life?
Is she going to go slit her wrist somewhere?
And what if she is crazy enough to do something like that or a bigger event happens because of words?
Do you "win"?
Is this generations poor use of grammar, opinionated blabber and ill fused propaganda enough to put a twinge in people's days or potentially ruin life's?
Sticks and stones may break bones but words should never hurt.
Are you going to leave a mark of your legacy on your facebook status?
Words like these are useless, and people hype the life of words that never pull through.
Instead of tweeting or posting about living that life, or doing this and that, starting drama and ending the already subdued standard of life,  why not just DO IT.
When all is said and done, more is always said than done.



No comments: